You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Restore discolored areas in old color photo

I have an old color photo that is discolored because of age.  I managed to adjust the levels in Affinity Photo so that it looks ok, except one area where it is too red.

Discolored.thumb.jpg.b2881ff0ffc04e0f86b9462350d5aa41.jpg

I have spent quite some time trying to figure out how to remove the red from the dress and I looked at lots of video tutorials. But I haven't figured this out.

Do you have a suggestion how I fix this? I'm new to Affinity photo and photo editing, please use a more simple language :)

Do you have a sample of the original we can use to test some idea's out on.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

On 1/2/2019 at 9:03 AM, gabriel_komorov said:

One way of doing this:

Duplicate image, make color adjustments on duplicate so discolored area matches original, then use transparency/eraser to blend duplicate with original

I did try make a copy and adjust the color of the too red region to match the correct color but failed. But that is likely because I'm too unused with image editors. Will try again, thanks!

On 1/2/2019 at 9:54 AM, firstdefence said:

Do you have a sample of the original we can use to test some idea's out on.

Thanks. I'm likely just slow because I don't understand with you mean by a "sample of the original"? The image above is 666 × 750 pixels and contains the relevant part of the image, isn't that a sample? :)
I did not want to paste the whole image for privacy reasons, the original photo is not mine.