You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Corners don't scale when resizing shape (first time posting here)

Hello

Not sure if this post belongs in the section, but for some reason I'm having issues scaling objects in designer, even when ticking scale with object. I noticed this when creating a square background for a phone icon which I was creating based on a youtube tutorial and went to scale the finished icon to put in my mock up. But the Square keeps turn into a circle not matter what I do e.g. Shift or Shift + Command. Scale with object IS enabled but still doesn't work. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or this is a bug

Tutorial mentioned

Edited by Kev-Affinity
Better description

You would need to click: Bake Corners to prevent the rounded corners from maintaining their dimensions, the corners would then scale with the square size.

Not sure why the tut didn't just use a rounded rectangle, that would have been much simpler. 

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Change the title of the post to reflect the question, this helps with people searching the forums for answers. I would suggest something like "Corners don't scale when resizing shape"

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Thank you for your feedback much appreciated! Not sure why they didn’t use round rectangle. But when I tried to use one when I was trying to figure out what was wrong initially. Copying/pasting the shape and changing the size of the highlight and shadows didn’t work because the shape became distorted. But I guess this can be fixed with baked corners?

Within the layer fx window there is a small check box at bottom left: Scale with Object.

Screen-Shot-2019-01-02-at-15-53-30.png

• 1 year later...
24 minutes ago, Jens Schmidt said:

Why do you have to bake the corners, that kind of destroys their purpose :/

Well, since I do not have any choice,  how do I select ALL corners in my  composite object and bake ALL corners at once?

I succeeded in selecting all corners:

• Selected all objects using alt+drag (move tool).
  • Changed to corner tool.
  • Selected all their corners using ctrl+A.
  • Clicked 'bake corners' button.

Now I have a similar problem with fx, I need to tick the 'scale w. object' box on a bunch of objects... :/

15 hours ago, Jens Schmidt said:

I succeeded in selecting all corners:

• Selected all objects using alt+drag (move tool).
  • Changed to corner tool.
  • Selected all their corners using ctrl+A.
  • Clicked 'bake corners' button.

Now I have a similar problem with fx, I need to tick the 'scale w. object' box on a bunch of objects... :/

Could it seems be a nesting bug!?

These objects seem unaffected by the 'Select All' method I used above:   Layer > Layer > Layer > Group > Group > Object

• 3 years later...

I had to convert some shames to curves to scale some objects when pasting an object in another illustration - very silly now that I had ticked scale with object on both stroke and FX and THEY were scaled correctly.

Experienced Quality Assurance Manager - I strive for excellence in complex professional illustrations through efficient workflows in modern applications, supporting me in achieving my and my colleagues' goals through the most achievable usability and contemporary, easy-to-use user interfaces. I know, of course, that Canva guarantees the opposite.

"The opinion of 10000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject" - Marcus Aurelius

macOS/iPadOS M1 + M2 (latest)