simon bd

Pixel Brush Stroke Gets Cropped in Bleed Area

Hi,

In Affinity Designer, I can’t paint up to the bleed limit: my pixel brush strokes stop at the document’s edge. This, I find, defeats the purpose of a bleed. Of course I can still move or scale my artwork to make it bleed, but it’s not ideal. Vector brushes are OK.

I first posted this as a comment about the Beta version; however, it seems to also apply to the current version.

walt.farrell replied to my original post saying I should disable View > View Mode > Clip to Canvas to paint outside the document’s edge. So I disabled it and tried a pixel stroke that bleeds; however, it still stops at the document’s edge. On or off, I can see no difference.

This seems to be a bug.

.2082531903_Capturedecranle2018-12-30a12_10_12.thumb.png.824f736cf7317007cefb08473767b05d.png2098414932_Capturedecranle2019-01-01a10_19_41.thumb.png.ee6ab2907e2a14a72f77e2c25a749153.png

Yes I’m finding this too.
It’s not just that the pixel strokes aren’t visible in the bleed area, they are actually being cut off at the point when they go into the bleed area.
I also see in the ‘Export Persona’ that the option ‘Include Bleed’ is missing from the PDF export options in the current beta.
As Simon bd say’s this dose kind of render the whole Bleed setup redundant at the moment.
I would also note when in the Export Persona of the current beta, that when attempting to paste a file name into the appropriate field in the Export destination window (as generated by the OS), the Export button would instantly “Grey” out and be unavailable. Only typing in a file name directly would allow me to finally export.

In both exports I used a red Rectangle which slightly extended beyond the document's set Bleed area.

Current MAS v1.6.pdf

Current beta v1.7.pdf

macOS 10.14.5  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M