You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Ten day free trial period commencement

When you open it for the first time.

Oops! I didn't notice that you were talking about the Affinity Publisher public beta. Those betas will expire when the retail version is launched, whenever that is. Some of the earlier ones might expire sooner, but I am not sure about that.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I tried Affinty Publisher beta for several weeks and then I received a message to download the latest beta version...  The Affinity Publisher program I used stopped working and the latest version of the application will not install on my computer...  The original beta version worked great with no problems installing...  The newest version does not install at all...   I was testing the Affinity Publisher creating some nice designs that I want to have printed...  Problem is I cannot export the designs to PDF because the program stopped working and I cannot install the latest version.

I was not able to install Affinity Photo beta either...  I am able to install other applications...

My operating system is Windows 8, installed on a Asus laptop, 4 GB RAM

I hope someone comes up with a solution...

Affinity Publisher Beta 1.7.0.206  ( not installing for me )

SCREENSHOT- 0582.tif

22 minutes ago, figety said:

Affinity Publisher Beta 1.7.0.206  ( not installing for me ) 

From the tif-screenshot it looks like the setup program can't create a directory somewhere and thus fails. I assume you are on windows and have an appropriate or the latest Microsoft .Net framework installed (?), see here otherwise. Further try to "install/run the setup" as administrator and see if that makes a difference for possible hard disk location access rights and creating directories by the installer.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

If your account on that computer is a user account and not an admin account (and in case needed and as far as you know then the admin passwort) you can perform a right mouse button click on  the setup program and choose "run as ...". Did you checked for the installed .Net framework versions on your Win 8?

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan

1 minute ago, figety said:

I just checked for .Net Framework and I don't have it installed...  The previous beta version of Publisher worked fine...   I never had .Net Framework..

Hmm I think all Publisher beta releases (their installer program) relies on this for Windows systems. So if it previously installed fine it should usually now run too. Did you removed (uninstalled) the old previous Publisher beta version? Though it usually should update without problems, meaning installing over a previous version.

That's what I thought, when seeing your shown error message. Ok hope it runs now fine for you beside the usual beta status bugs.

Does this mean the beta period is going to last 10 days ?   I heard some members say their beta versiion suppose to last till Affinity Publisher is available to purchase...

Hope this is true for everyone...  I like using this program because it's  very intuitive...   I can focus on the design and not the program...  

No, during the beta period the software usually runs until a newer beta version is released, or the final release version is available. - 10 days is instead usually the time period for trial (try out) versions of released products.

4 hours ago, v_kyr said:

No, during the beta period the software usually runs until a newer beta version is released, or the final release version is available. - 10 days is instead usually the time period for trial (try out) versions of released products.

Beta builds usually last for a month from their date of release. Trial versions of retail builds expire ten calendar days after the first run.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)