You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

One license for 2 desktop

Hi!

Can I use one Affinity Desinger license on my work machine (mac) and my personal (windows) machine too, or I'll  have to buy two licenses?

Photoshop has this option, you can use on two devices but not the same time. :)

Thanks, and happy new year to the team! 

S.

• Staff

HI @szsoma,

Welcome to the Affinity forum.

You would need a separate Windows version to install on Windows or a Mac version to install on the Mac. Each version is purchased independently and each has its own licenses.

Any spelling or grammatical errors found in the above post are deliberate and included to boost the self-esteem of those who spot them.

• Staff
On 1/2/2019 at 1:58 PM, szsoma said:

if I want to use on 2 mac desktop?

If you own a Mac licence, then you can install it on as many Macs as your require for you own use.

Any spelling or grammatical errors found in the above post are deliberate and included to boost the self-esteem of those who spot them.

Hi

I am currently in the same situation. (a few things close)

I just bought a license for my Mac in the office and I activated it for this one, but ...

In doubt I launched the software on my personal PC, I I have also activated (to try) the key on it and apparently the activation of the key on my PC to market too ...

I understand not too much, I yet that the license Mac, is it normal?

(Sorry for my poor English) :(

2 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi Erghan,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Each platform requires its own license. If you used/activated the license on the Mac on your office, you have to acquire another one for Windows. Not doing so is going against the license terms.

Thank you for this answer, so I will buy a license windows so :D

Can I activate this new key on my PC? Over the other?

A re-installation should be able to do it I think ... ^_^

On 1/7/2019 at 7:55 PM, Erghan said:

I can not activate my new key on my PC that already has the Mac key ...

How should I proceed? Having to buy the Windows license is enough even if it is not the Windows key that is registered on my PC?

Am I legal? :(

Hello there,

I'm new here and I'm actually interested in knowing the answer to this question as well.

Personally, I own three different devices on two different operating systems;

MacOS Desktop for designing at home on a big screen

Windows OS Desktop for gaming at home with dual monitors

MacOS Laptop for designing on-the-go when not at home or when at a cafe during work breaks

I have initially purchased a MacOS license and activated it once on my laptop. I haven't used it for any other device, yet, which is why I was reading around and read the license agreement as-well.

I would like to add that I had a regular HDD in my MacOS Laptop which I replaced with a new drive, SSD, and re-installed my MacOS and applications; would I still be able to re-activate the same license I had initially gotten?

Thanks in advance.