Armando Rodriguez

My Affinity photo for I pad wont open Tiff files anymore

Hello, I have a problem with my Affinity Photo app for my Ipad, it wont open my Tiff files anymore, a few days back it didn’t hava that problem, all of the images that I evere edited in the app where Tiff files, I try to open a image and its sends me to develop screen but the image never apears and when I hit ok the app shuts down, I tried to open old tiff images that I have edited before and the same result, I even tried opening them in I cloud and it does the same thing, can somebody help me?

There have been several threads about this here:

Maybe give them a like too. 

Best regards Johannes

Am in the same boat. Very frustrating. Hopefully this will be sorted out soon. Like you I had previously opened the tiff files in ipad photo but it no longer works.

The same story with my iPad Pro 12.9. This problem appeared after creating tiff files in Capture One 12 and saving it in 2019 Photoshop. Before this, tiff files saved in 2018 Photoshop opened without problems.

The way I have been working around this problem is to open the tiff file on my computer in affinity photo and save to the desktop. Then close photo on the desktop and open in the ipad version. As long as you have both programs it will work till the ipad version is fixed.

New update is in apple store today.  I can confirm the tiff import is now working. In future, I will not be the guinea pig.

This is still an issue for me and I’m running latest version of Photo. I keep getting waiting to download when importing from cloud (Dropbox). This has been my workflow in all previous versions. Seems like the import works fine from iCloud, but since I pay for Dropbox and not iCloud, space is limited.

iPad Pro 12.9 3rd Gen/Mac Mini, in that order

9 hours ago, wgphoto said:

I keep getting waiting to download when importing from cloud (Dropbox). 

@wgphoto Strange.. just tested and working fine here with a 25Mb tiff file imported into AP from Dropbox. Is it all tiff files or just certain files?

IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.1 Affinity Photo 1.6.11.85 Affinity Design 1.6.4.45

10 minutes ago, wgphoto said:

Seems it’s all tiff files.

Are they compressed or uncompressed?

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.12.86 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.2 (iPad Air 2)

If you Export a photo as tiff then load it via Dropbox does it work?

IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.1 Affinity Photo 1.6.11.85 Affinity Design 1.6.4.45

Uncompressed, exported from Capture One as well as Affinity Photo. I just exported one out of Affinity Photo and tried importing, but no go. My normal workflow is to open the RAW in C1, export as tiff (wth .tif extension), import into Affinity Photo on iPad (via Dropbox), export as tiff (with .tiff extension, so as not to overwrite earlier version), along with various pixel sized jpegs and an afphoto file to Dropbox.

Seems it might be related to iOS 12.1.4 as now I can’t seem to trim videos. Anyway, here is a video of me trying to import a tiff 2 different ways, through Photo and using drag and drop from Files. Couldn’t trim the beginning and end so...

After seeing someone post that they couldn’t import Nikon raw files with iOS 12.1.4, I decided to try and import one of my RAWs (Sony). Once it imported successfully, I tried one of my tiffs again, and voila, it’s working again. I’m stepping away from the gift horse now...

So it seems this issue is not resolved for me yet. I was able to open a couple of tiffs by various means since my last post, but right now I can’t open any. I have plenty of space, I don’t have a lot files stored in app and i’m Running latest Photo and iOS. Just stays saying waiting to download. Btw, i’m on gigabit internet, so speed is not an issue. As I said earlier this issue started when I went from last beta which expired to the latest store version. I’m kind of at a standstill right now.