You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

That’s a very broad question, Bill! What kind of work do you (want to) do?

By the way, did you manage to get hold of the Photo ‘core skills’ resources? :/

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Yes Thank you Elfrred re resources - Did reply but I guess not properly      I did not realise the File had downloaded to my download folder 

Re the Workflow you are, of course correct as it is Avery broad question as it depends on the pic - landscape,group photo, single person tc etc

However I wondered if there was any general  guidance.     I try to learn a new program by using a mind Map   - this sort of thing -  if it makes sense to you

Screenshot FOR AFFINITY FORUM.png

2 hours ago, Bill McLean said:

However I wondered if there was any general  guidance.

It still depends entirely on what you want to do; the files (if any) you already might have in whatever formats you might have stored them in; & the export format(s) needed for your project(s).

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Re It still depends entirely on what you want to do.  Indeed that is why the MMad says Adjustments Various.    That would be where I would consider what adjustments were necessary.   Format at that time wold be as camera.   For me  that wold be jpeg as seldom use Raw now.    

But there are still a great many different things you might want to do with the photos from your camera, & many of them would be better or more easily done with a different workflow than the one in your map.

For example, many adjustments produce different results depending on what they are applied to & the order they are applied to whatever you apply them to. Doing a few simple adjustments to approve the appearance of a photo can be done with an equally short & simple workflow, while more complicated retouching work like removing skin blemishes or selective dodging, burning, blurring, or sharpening requires more complex, much longer workflow.

So I suggest not trying to fit everything into one 'mind mapped' workflow -- if you do you will probably overlook a lot of good possibilities.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Understand what you  are saying and agree    The MM Pic I showed is but a small portion of the full MM  document which I put on to illustrate a method of learning that I find useful   I have branches for various  particular cases e.g. under  Landscape image I have noted some of the points raised by James Ritson in the workbook.

Reason for raising this Post was to see how others went about the learning process and would welcomely thoughts