You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pencil: resume drawing the same line

Hey,

Just bought Affinity Designer on iPad Pro and it is really impressive. I do have one important feature request though that is currently lacking.

It would be really better if we could resume or rectify a line we just drew. In Adobe Illustrator it detects when drawing over the same line and allows to “override” it. This should be an option we can toggle on or off. It’s really important as it allows more precise control when drawing lines free hand.

Thanks

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @Cosmocat. :)

It sounds as though you haven’t discovered the ‘Sculpt’ option on the Context toolbar.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hey Elfred,

Thanks for the reply. Indeed this option seems to do the trick I was looking for, thanks for sharing!

I would still add a suggestion though, being that once we select the sculpt option, it should automatically detect the line being rectified. This would avoid always switching to the select tool then switching back to the pencil. Or maybe there is also a trick for this I didn’t discover? If not then it would be a great addition. It’s a nice to have though, I can already work like that.

Thanks for producing such an amazing app on iPad and at an affordable price. It changed my workflow for the best.

Cheers