You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.7.0.3 bug - create palette from RGB document or image assumes an sRGB source

I have problem with finding under "Document" scroll bar in Affinity Photo Beta Color Format... Simply gone inBeta versiomn for Mac. Current retail 1.6.11 is working fine and has this scroll bar under "Document" I don't know if this is a new feature as per Beta version? How it would navigate and save files to various formats?

I see that it changes colors formats only via assigned ICC profile... Strange way

@>|<, thank you very much for bringing this to their attention (and thanks for the workaround, too. I'll try it and let the group know if it covers my needs). Was I one of the first to discover this one? Kinda fun to help contribute in a small way to seeing things improved for future versions. :) 

BTW I note this same bug in the retail versions on my Mac OS X 10.12.6 (Sierra)

Affinity Photo 1.6.7
Affinity Designer 1.6.1

• Staff
On 12/30/2018 at 5:03 PM, >|< said:

Affinity suite 1.7 betas and 1.6 retails

macOS 10.13.6

Create Palette From Document and Create Palette From Image create a palette of Lab swatches when the destination is an Application or Document palette. That is good in principle.
The problem in the current Affinity apps (beta and retail) is that the colour profile of an RGB source document or image is not being taken into account in that process.
The RGB source values are being assumed to be in sRGB space instead of the actual colour space of the source and, therefore, the Lab swatches define incorrect colours when the RGB source has a profile other than sRGB.

Thanks for that >|< I've reproduced the issue and will get it passed on to development.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.