You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo borders

Hey Mark, I' asked for this also. Purchased Paint Shop Pro 2019 because it has a cool, slick, easy module for add a border,  not the jerky way Affinity Photo woks. Check out the Trial version of Paint Shop Pro and you'll see what I mean. I love Affinity Photo and canceled Photo Shop CC which I used for years back in the version 1.0 days. Hope the put this in on this next release.

Below is the PSP 2019 dialog box.

bordersample.png

The effects panel offers to add border, shadows etc. If you resize the canvas you can apply own borders or fills on layers. Further you can make a custom macro for reuse and applying borders.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

On 1/1/2019 at 2:20 PM, rudyp16 said:

Hey Mark, I' asked for this also. Purchased Paint Shop Pro 2019 because it has a cool, slick, easy module for add a border,  not the jerky way Affinity Photo woks. Check out the Trial version of Paint Shop Pro and you'll see what I mean. I love Affinity Photo and canceled Photo Shop CC which I used for years back in the version 1.0 days. Hope the put this in on this next release.

Below is the PSP 2019 dialog box.

bordersample.png

Thank you very much for your comments,i will check out what you have suggested,cheers mark.

On 1/1/2019 at 2:44 PM, v_kyr said:

The effects panel offers to add border, shadows etc. If you resize the canvas you can apply own borders or fills on layers. Further you can make a custom macro for reuse and applying borders.

Thank you for your reply and appreciate your answer,i have done what you have suggested and i still find it abit fiddly and that is why i think there should be a dedicated area for photo borders to make it so much easier,cheers mark.

If you just want to add white borders use Document>Resize Canvas... If you want to have thicker border at the bottom you have to do it twice to add extra to the bottom.

Of course, this exercise is a bit meaningless when you print images as printers seldom print to the edge and some white borders are inevitable. I usually prepare my images meant for display to a certain size (like 36 X 54 cm) and print centered to A2 paper. (Aff Photo does not do this well either as it is not really possible to enter exact measures when setting "no resample" is ticked.)

On 1/1/2019 at 9:44 AM, v_kyr said:

Don't see where you can add a border in Effects. I see inner and outer shadwos and a few othet things but no border function. Am I missing something?

Thanks