You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Installation

I tested the public beta of Affinity Publisher for 30 days without any problems, then I received a message telling me to download the latest beta version, and I did....   I tried to install the latest beta version on top of the old version, but Affinity Publisher did not install...   I attached a screen shot of the error message...

Exception : CreateDirectory Failed

I'm really enjoying Affinity Publisher...  The application is very intuitive and fun to work with...

So far the older beta program doesn't start and the new one does not install...   I'm not happy today...

How do I fix all this...

SCREENSHOT- 0582.tif

Hi

I have posted about similar problems that I experience. I get the create directory error if I just click on the upgrade. What I have to do to overcome this is right click the update file and select run as administrator (even though my user account is set as administrator). I usually the find the install may fail on the first attempt, but after a restart it install without problem. Hope this helps.

I would say that run as administrator is not unique to Publisher and I have had other programs that have failed on the create directory exception.

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Further to my post in this thread I have just tried installing the latest version and still get the failed error on the event first time round. After restart program installs as if fresh installation, probably because the initial attempt un-installed the previous version then failed. However this time I got another error which I do not particularly understand about an element missing which I think related to J script?, I clicked not to continue but it then came up installation successful. I have saved my event logs from the start of the process but not sure if they will help, if you want them can i send direct as I am not sure if any confidential information contained in them

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

Just opened the help file to read up on text on a path and got the following, which may be tied in to the j script error above?

image.png

Alan Pickup

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.