You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Find can't find text in a specific font

I know  that it was previously possible to use Text > Find... and then to specify a Format option via the cog icon, such as Font Family: Arial. Pressing Find would then find all the text in that font.

That seems to be broken in .206. I'm not sure when it last worked.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I hadn't been involved with the search function for a long time, because the search for formatting didn't work properly at that time. I had written this in a thread at the time. Just now I realize that it still doesn't work. If I leave the fields blank and just search for a formatting, nothing happens at all. See also here:

2 hours ago, Michail said:

Both the cog wheel and the format selection are available. If necessary, reset the program (Ctrl-Start).

Yes, those are available. They no longer work for me, in .206, to find text with a specific font. They used to work.

Are you saying they work for you, and that you can select a font in that dialog and find all the text that uses it?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

11 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Yes, those are available. They no longer work for me, in .206, to find text with a specific font. They used to work.
Are you saying they work for you, and that you can select a font in that dialog and find all the text that uses it?

No, @walt.farrell, it doesn't work for me either.

In my first article I assumed that you don't have the controls.  But everything seems to be there.

In my second post I explained that the search for formatting never worked properly for me. After my report at that time I did not pursue it then further.
Possibly it worked in the meantime. In version 206 the click on the button "Find" or pressing the enter key is completely ineffective (with this kind of search).

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.