walt.farrell

Find can't find text in a specific font

I know  that it was previously possible to use Text > Find... and then to specify a Format option via the cog icon, such as Font Family: Arial. Pressing Find would then find all the text in that font.

That seems to be broken in .206. I'm not sure when it last worked.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.293 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.293 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.293 Beta

3 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

That seems to be broken in .206. I'm not sure when it last worked.

Both the cog wheel and the format selection are available. If necessary, reset the program (Ctrl-Start).

Find.gif

My Specs:
- Processor: AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Processor 3.20 GHz- RAM: 8 GB
- Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
- Monitor: SyncMaster F2380 (resolution 1920x1080)
- Operating system: Windows 10 Pro (1803) / 64 bit

I hadn't been involved with the search function for a long time, because the search for formatting didn't work properly at that time. I had written this in a thread at the time. Just now I realize that it still doesn't work. If I leave the fields blank and just search for a formatting, nothing happens at all. See also here:

My Specs:

2 hours ago, Michail said:

Both the cog wheel and the format selection are available. If necessary, reset the program (Ctrl-Start).

Yes, those are available. They no longer work for me, in .206, to find text with a specific font. They used to work.

Are you saying they work for you, and that you can select a font in that dialog and find all the text that uses it?

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.293 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.293 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.293 Beta

11 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Yes, those are available. They no longer work for me, in .206, to find text with a specific font. They used to work.
Are you saying they work for you, and that you can select a font in that dialog and find all the text that uses it?

No, @walt.farrell, it doesn't work for me either.

In my first article I assumed that you don't have the controls.  But everything seems to be there.

In my second post I explained that the search for formatting never worked properly for me. After my report at that time I did not pursue it then further.
Possibly it worked in the meantime. In version 206 the click on the button "Find" or pressing the enter key is completely ineffective (with this kind of search).

My Specs: