You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Fill on underlying layers

In ClipStudio, Krita, Photoshop, ArtRage, SketchBook Pro, Infinite Painter and other software, I can fill my line art using the paint bucket tool on an underlying layer. I do it without any selecting, just click and fill. It is quick and precise. The flat fill is easy to mask using the clip layer function, just like I did in Clip Studio in my small illustration. 

Affinity still has not got the fill underlying layer function like the other illustration software I use. I do not use Affinity often because of this. 

Or, is there a quick fill function in Affinity Photo, just like in the other software, a function I have not yet found?

I wish there was...

snip_20181229120253.png

So glad you are bringing this up. I made a post about the same thing a few months ago and while it didn't gain much attention, a few others agreed and there doesn't seem to be an equivalent feature yet.

This really should be a higher priority. It's part of the workflow of a lot of painters and cartoon artists and the like, and pretty much every other program with layer support has it.

I know the small team at Serif already has their hands full, but I'd consider this a core functionality of the flood fill tool.