You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bleeds, and Trims, and Safe. Oh my!

All these questions are for digital page creation for a printer.

1 What is the standard size sheet to work with to make comic books? **

2 Looking at this article if I want my page to be 11x17 do I actually make my page larger so that it can be cut down to 11x17? If so what size do I make my document? Or if this all for hand-drawn do  I just make my digital 11x17 with no bleed?

https://www.printninja.com/printing-resource-center/file-setup/offset-printing-guidelines/file-setup-for-full-bleed-printing

3  Anyone know of a free download comic book template with the bleed and trim on it?  No panels.

Thanks

**Aren't comic book pages printed double wide, and stapled down the middle?  So why in most examples to I see them as a single frame/page?

They are made like other printed media and with either single pages or facing pages. They are exported as single pages in both cases. 

If you have nothing that goes to the page edge or beyond, you don't need bleed.

Safe area is the amount you should hold back items/areas that print from the edges of the page. I use guides or margin settings to show the safe area.

Mike