undercovergypsy

How to find overflow text in a story...

2 hours ago, mac_heibu said:

Is this a bug?

nope

10 hours ago, undercovergypsy said:

Is there a way to view all errors within a publication like finding where the overflow text is located?

I don't think there is at this point.  This has been requested elsewhere on the forum already.

10 hours ago, undercovergypsy said:

Or overlapping items?

Not sure what the use case for this would be?  Overlapping items are normal and expected.

12 hours ago, undercovergypsy said:

Is there a way to view all errors within a publication like finding where the overflow text is located?

Assuming you have View > Show Text Flow enabled and View > Preview Mode disabled, each Text Frame will have an outline, typically a blue box. Ones that overflow will in addition have a red dot on the left and right side of that outline. So, you simply look through each page of your document, and look for the red dots.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404

1. Thank you Walt for the kind answer.  I am obviously in the wrong place for this question. It is not a bug and I am aware of the red dot.  I have used other software in the past that showed all the errors and located them for you. I had hoped that would be so in AFPub as well. I will go to the feature request for that.