DoctorMicro

Editing Frame Text Issue

I pasted text from a notepad file into a Frame Textbox and then on trying to edit it, I get odd boxes and other things like all caps when none is selected.

Using a Back Space creates these "boxes" also and if I click on delete it will delete all the text in the box not just highlighted or the text to the right.

Running affinity-publisher-beta-1.7.0.206

Windows 10

Windows 10 64bit OS Build 17134.345 Version 1803
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
32.0 GB RAM
Pen Support

There was a Publisher bug like that, but I don't recall if it was fixed there already.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.464 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.4464 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.458 Beta

While I was trying to fix or find a workaround I found that if I HELD the ESC Key while using the Backspace and other keys, fixed the issue. 

Not sure, if this will come back or not VERY ODD Indeed!

Windows 10 64bit OS Build 17134.345 Version 1803
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
32.0 GB RAM
Pen Support

Hi DoctorMicro,

Have you been able to reproduce this at all or did it just happen the once? If it is reproducible could you record a screen video showing the issue, or attach some screenshots if a video is not possible.

I've just tried it myself but have not been able to reproduce it.

11 minutes ago, carl123 said:

Thanks for that - it most definitely looks like the same issue. The original steps reported have been fixed and no longer produce that result in Publisher (and cannot be done in Designer), however it sounds as though the root cause has not been fixed.

Much like the other issue we'll need to see exactly what DoctorMicro is doing to get the reproducible steps, so a video (or well described steps) will help!