You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Editing Frame Text Issue

I pasted text from a notepad file into a Frame Textbox and then on trying to edit it, I get odd boxes and other things like all caps when none is selected.

Using a Back Space creates these "boxes" also and if I click on delete it will delete all the text in the box not just highlighted or the text to the right.

Running affinity-publisher-beta-1.7.0.206

Windows 10

Windows 10 64bit OS Build 17134.345 Version 1803
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
32.0 GB RAM
Pen Support

There was a Publisher bug like that, but I don't recall if it was fixed there already.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

While I was trying to fix or find a workaround I found that if I HELD the ESC Key while using the Backspace and other keys, fixed the issue. 

Not sure, if this will come back or not VERY ODD Indeed!

Windows 10 64bit OS Build 17134.345 Version 1803
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
32.0 GB RAM
Pen Support

• Staff

Hi DoctorMicro,

Have you been able to reproduce this at all or did it just happen the once? If it is reproducible could you record a screen video showing the issue, or attach some screenshots if a video is not possible.

I've just tried it myself but have not been able to reproduce it.

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• Staff
11 minutes ago, carl123 said:

Thanks for that - it most definitely looks like the same issue. The original steps reported have been fixed and no longer produce that result in Publisher (and cannot be done in Designer), however it sounds as though the root cause has not been fixed.

Much like the other issue we'll need to see exactly what DoctorMicro is doing to get the reproducible steps, so a video (or well described steps) will help!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.