You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity After Effects and Premiere alternatives?

I am a motion graphics artist, and have used Adobe After Effects for over 15 years.  I have always loved the software, but in recent (*cough* Creative Cloud) years, I have found the software to be increasingly unreliable, and its performance has not been well optimized for modern computers.  I was upset to find that AE did not run noticeably faster on my new iMac pro than my old 2013 iMac.  Unfortunately there aren't many competitors for AE that work well for both motion graphics and visual effects.  Premiere has some viable alternatives but its integration with After Effects has kept me using it.  I'm not a big fan of Apple Motion and Final Cut X.

I stumbled on Affinity Photo about a year ago when I needed the FFT Denoise tool to remove a halftone pattern from a newspaper photo.  (Amazing tool by the way).  I think Affinity Photo is an excellent alternative to Photoshop, and better in many ways.

I'm not a big fan of Adobe's subscription model, but lack of a good AE competitor has kept me with Adobe.

I would love Affinity branded versions of both After Effects and Premiere.

Any plans to create them?