You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

TOC Text Style Default Setting?

I haven't played with this enough to know, but perhaps you need to create a complete set of TOC text styles, from TOC down the other "TOC: ..." styles, and then specify the main style in the Table of Contents panel. There's an entry there for TOC Style, and a hamburger menu that lets you create new ones.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

12 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

I haven't played with this enough to know, but perhaps you need to create a complete set of TOC text styles, from TOC down the other "TOC: ..." styles, and then specify the main style in the Table of Contents panel. There's an entry there for TOC Style, and a hamburger menu that lets you create new ones.

It may be something like that, but it is confusing. I'm going to play with the settings a bit and see what I come up with.

On 12/29/2018 at 9:04 AM, Dave Harris said:

The intent is that you customise the TOC by editing the standard TOC styles rather than by switching to a different style. Is there a reason you can't do that?

I think it's more about not understanding "the intent" as you say. I plan to spend some time with a blank file and practice working with the TOC. I think it would be helpful if there was a guide about using the TOC. I do see some info in the getting started video, but that info is very basic.

I messed around with the settings. I made adjustments to the TOC 1: Heading 1 and that helped. But if I try to set all the paragraph settings inside that style and I delete the TOC: Entry style, then when I refresh the TOC: Entry style is recreated. This is difficult to understand. It seems like all of the text styles are required in the TOC. There's one for entries, one for numbers, and one for tables. I could use help with this.

1120304330_ScreenShot2019-01-03at7_36_46PM.png.c17925f7e1bf78e99f18b84760611826.png