You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Quick Switch LUT Selection

I use LUT files all the time and having to click the LUT button, go to the folder, select the LUT file that you think might work just to see that it didn't and do it all again is a poor workflow. 

I would simply love to see something like a drop-down window that reflects all the LUT files in a given folder for quick selection. Another simpler idea but not nearly as effective would be to add a Next and Back button that would just move you through a given folder of LUT files. 

Also when using the Infer LUT once you have your reference file loaded the LUT menu would ideally update to a new user designated folder that contains the Files associated with Infer LUT's. 

This would be improve workflow for me quite a bit. 

All the best!

I agree with you, choosing the right LUT is a real pain in the current state.

1 hour ago, Sugar Lion said:

I would simply love to see something like a drop-down window that reflects all the LUT files in a given folder for quick selection.

And live preview like blend modes.

Cheers,
Juan

• 2 weeks later...

And live preview like blend modes.

Cheers,
Juan

That would be amazing! 

Also when using Infer LUT's having to select the Identity file each time is not a smooth workflow for me. For example I have the Hald CLUT bundle of LUT files so I will be trying out different types of film from the dozens of variants that all use the same identity file. I could see how this would not be the case for every user so perhaps a little checkbox with an option like "Keep Identity File".