I would LOVE to have quick key commands for justifying text as well as applying text styles. Commands such as command-shift-c (Mac) for centering text blocks and selected text would be a great time saver!

11 hours ago, Hawaiianmade said:

I would LOVE to have quick key commands for justifying text as well as applying text styles. Commands such as command-shift-c (Mac) for centering text blocks and selected text would be a great time saver!

Hello @Hawaiianmade,

welcome to the forum.

You can assign Keyboard shortcuts to Paragraph styles. Look at 'Edit Text Style' on the first page. It's about half way down the options there.

d.

Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.2.424)   |   Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.2.424)   |   Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.2.422)
Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.7   |   Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.8.77

Windows 10 (1809) 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

There are also defined keyboard shortcuts for the text alignment options. E.g., on Windows, Ctrl+Alt+C for Align Center, Ctrl+Alt+L for Align Left, and Ctrl+Alt+R for Align Right. Also Ctrl+Alt+| for Justify Left.

I'm not sure what they are for Mac (possibly simply Cmd rather than Ctrl).

You can change the definitions if you want, and you can also assign shortcuts for Justify Right and Justify All, which don't have default shortcuts. (I would not recommend using Justify All; Justify Left is probably what most users will want.)

You'll find all of those in Preferences, Keyboard Shortcuts, under Layout/Text.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.422 Beta