You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm a newbie, but have some grasp of Text Box functionality.  But this one has me stumped.  I can't find any text that is overflowing, and have reworked this several times.  It only shows up when I try to save it as a PDF,  so wondered if it were a bug.  Attached is a screenshot of what I'm seeing.

Overflowing Text.png

15 minutes ago, fde101 said:

I believe the red handles on the "Merrion Square" box indicate an overflow condition.

Yes, they do.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 11 months later...

Old thread resurrection....

but I have just encountered this very unhelpful dialogue box. It needs to be improved so it tells you exactly which pages the overflowing text is located on - just like InDesign does. I can't believe that Affinity haven't already implemented a fix in the finished application.

I've just had to search through nearly 100 pages to find just one overflowing text box. Severe PITA!

He never fails to achieve new heights in being stupid...

2 hours ago, bbwd said:

I've just had to search through nearly 100 pages to find just one overflowing text box. Severe PITA!

For the future, there is an easier way: Zoom so the entire document is visible in the workspace (View > Zoom > Zoom to Document) and then the red dots (with View > Show Text Flow active) will be quite obvious.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

13 minutes ago, bbwd said:

I tried that but couldn’t see the one red dot at such a small viewing scale. 

This problem needs a proper fix. 

I agree it needs a fix. It's odd though that you couldn't see the red dot. Zooming out that way usually makes them stand out quite well. In my experience they become almost as large as the page images themselves.

-- Walt
PC:

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.