You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Worfklow. Organize, Docking, Saving ...

Hello,

Today i have installed Affinity Publisher and first of all I have compiled my worklow as far as possible. But it is not possible.
I had hoped the many suggestions (earlier for AP and AD) would have had an effect. But nothing at all has done. The possibility to create, organize and save your own workflow is extremely important to me. And also the lateral docking is still not possible.
I have opened 7 to 10 programs at times. And again and again a fragment of affinity lies in between and disturbs the complete working process.
Really embarrassing. Sorry. I just can't understand it.
It doesn't have to be as perfect as in Capture One Pro :-)

Maybe that doesn't interest most people at all. But me very much.

Publisher uninstalled!

Thanks for trying out a minute

Die Now Live Later - KMFDM

2 hours ago, Mischugo said:

Today i have installed Affinity Publisher and first of all I have compiled my worklow as far as possible. But it is not possible.
I had hoped the many suggestions (earlier for AP and AD) would have had an effect. But nothing at all has done.

[...]
Really embarrassing. Sorry. I just can't understand it.
It doesn't have to be as perfect as in Capture One Pro :-)
[...]

Publisher uninstalled!

This is not a suggestion as you labeled it.

This is just complaining. Sorry, but this is not useful.

What does "saving a workflow" mean?

What feature are you missing? I don't understand what you want to achieve.

Windows 10 Pro x64 (1903). Intel Core i7-9700K @ 3.60GHz, 32 GB memory, NVidia RTX 2080
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471, Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471

I don't understand!!!
it's about the options of configuring the palettes and connecting them to each other as you would like them to. And then save this state.

I must wonder what the answer is supposed to tell me.
If this is too difficult, please close or delete the thread ...

What is a suggestion that is correct labeled (?)

49 minutes ago, Mischugo said:

What is a suggestion that is correct labeled (?)

You tagged the topic with "suggestion" but you made none as far as I can see.

I must wonder what the answer is supposed to tell me.

I wanted to kindly ask you to be a bit more constructive. You wrote things like "really embarrassing".

I do not want to read people ranting about Publisher. I want so see suggestions where I can give my "+1" or add an idea that comes into my mind.

Most people are here because they want to help making this the best software it can become and not for bashing it.

I don't understand!!!
it's about the options of configuring the palettes and connecting them to each other as you would like them to. And then save this state.

So "save a workflow" means you want to save the view configuration so that you can load it after a fresh installation? Something similar to a Eclipse perspective conf?

If it is that I wonder why this is such a big problem. How often do you do a fresh installation of your system?

Windows 10 Pro x64 (1903). Intel Core i7-9700K @ 3.60GHz, 32 GB memory, NVidia RTX 2080
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471, Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471

9 hours ago, Steps said:

So "save a workflow" means you want to save the view configuration so that you can load it after a fresh installation? Something similar to a Eclipse perspective conf?

Fresh installation?
what does that have to do with a fresh installation?
Open program, open saved workspace (e.g. image editing), work. Or maybe, open the workspace - "working with text" ....

OK, guys,
the subject is for much simply difficult to understand.
Small hint from another "world"
Most people love their cars more than anything else. Now they buy a new car (other brand) after a comprehensive inspection.
But then, oh, fright!!!
The side mirrors must be completely readjusted after every engine start ...
Start, adjust, drive off, switch off. Start, adjust, drive off ....
Or, simply to avoid this,  let the car run. 24 hours ... every day

Translation -> suggestion (from my point of view)

Any suggestions and ideas are welcome /Alle Vorschläge und Ideen sind willkommen.
He had a sound rationale for his suggestion / Er hatte für seinen Vorschlag eine gute Begründung.
I am always open for suggestions from the audience / Ich bin immer offen für Anregungen aus dem Publikum.

This suggestion / feature request is as old as the Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer software.
Now it would have been the time to use this option in Publisher. Then update AP and AD
But it doesn't seem to be important for Serif at all.
That's why I suggested the topic again and at the same time expressed my displeasure (because it has still not been implemented)
Since I have noticed now also here in the forum that it does not seem really important, the matter is not further important to me to discuss here. No problem!

Thank you very much for your critical remarks.
It's really too complicated for me to discuss such a basically simple matter too misleadingly and in small parts ;-)

Okay, I now understand what you're asking for.

You want to save different layouts of the studio panels under a given name because there depending on the thing you want to work on (setting text or paint for example) you need different studios and you don't want to re-arrange the panels every time you switch your workflow step. This is what you call "save a workflow".

I know that feature from the Eclipse IDE where it's called "Perspectives".

I see why you want it. This is a point where you can explain and advertise you idea. Others might need that too and give their "+1" or further ideas, devs stumble about that and may implement it if they see value in that. This is how it works.

What I wanted to say in my first post was that you'll not reach them with saying things like "this is embarassing".

You need to see that many people may work fine without that so it does not render Publisher a failure not to support that.