You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can I set a text box size exactly? What I mean is, that the text box size fits the text both when I select top aligned and bottom aligned? I have some problem getting text spacing working accurately. For example, I have a paragraph with a heading in one style and body text in another set in an individual text box. It is no problem when I add the same header and text styles into the same text box. But sometimes I have to add another text box with the same format and I want to get the same spacing between last line of text in the first box with the top of the heading in the next box so it looks like one text box with the spacing the same throughout. You might say of course that it should all go in one text box but as the order of the paragraphs is changing and there are a lot of them, I don't think this is an option. Thanks

I think you would have more success using one frame, and using cut/paste to move the paragraphs around. Otherwise you will didn't a lot of time adjusting the position of the individual frames.

However, if you have a created a standard size Text Frame that you need in multiple placesy youcould save it as an Asset. Then wedge you want another just like it you can just drag it from the Assets panel.

To set the size of a frame exactly you can select it and use the Transform panel. Or you can set Guides and use them (with snapping) to draw frames exactly.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.