You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

No proper white balance tools?

Like many professional photographers, I am often taking several photos using a WB card to calibrate the white balance of my RAW images in post.

In Lightroom and C1 one can select this card (using the white balance selector) to show the program what is considered “true white”. Afterwards, one could copy these settings to other photos made under the same light conditions.

Unfortunately, when using Affinity Photo for iPad, I can’t seem to find an option to select the “true white” from the WB card and to copy my settings to other photos.

Am I missing something? Without this option, the program becomes pretty useless for (professional) people with a lot of RAW images using WB calibration cards. :(

See: Affinity Photo iPad IOS - Automatic White Balance Adjustment (turn sound loud since the voice is very quiet in this video). - Though I don't know if these settings can be stored as a preset and reused for other images then. I don't use the iPad version thus don't know.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

49 minutes ago, v_kyr said:

See: Affinity Photo iPad IOS - Automatic White Balance Adjustment (turn sound loud since the voice is very quiet in this video). - Though I don't know if these settings can be stored as a preset and reused for other images then. I don't use the iPad version thus don't know.

Thanks! That's pretty useful indeed. Wasn't aware of this. Great!

Does anyone know how to copy this setting to a batch of other RAW images?

In case this isn't yet possible, is it possible to copy this white balance setting to other RAW images individually?

Obviously, I only take 1 photo with a WB calibration card before taking a lot without (I only need to retake a picture with the card when conditions change).:)

It's usually common usage when using a gray card and then applying/picking up the WB settings from that image to a series of images taken under the same lighting conditions. Normaly RAW converters and imaging software do support this via seperate white/gray/black pickers or those supplied on levels/curve adjustment panels (PS, PSE), which then ideally can be stored and reloaded for reusage on other images.

However, since I don't know the iPad version maybe some iPad user here in the forum or one of the "Official Affinity Photo iPad Tutorials" can give you a more concrete answers.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2