You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

merge adj. layer with vector layer for colors?

Hello all. Right now AD allows adjustement filters to be used which is awesome since that way we can quickly change the colors of our artwork. But the problem is after having such layer on top of the artwork because color information is different and further adjustements are difficult because of it. It would be good if the adjuctement layr could be somehow merges with underlying layers. RIght now the only thing I can do is rasterize layers but that is obviously not what i want.

• Staff

Hi Mandu,

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking for Adjustment Layers will always affect anything below them. However what you can do is move your adjustment and any objects you want it to affect into their own Layer. The Adjustment will then only affect any objects inside of that layer, and ignore those outside of it. However be aware there is a known crash when attempting to move Adjustment Layers at the moment.

Hi,

How I understand it (but it would be a complexe feature), is if you have a blue rectangle, and use an adjustement layer to have it darker, you could merge the adjustement with the rectangle and end up with a dark blue rectangle.

It would work with gradients and other complexe objects' colours... recalculating each colour when merging, keeping the vector objects.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.