You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Been attempting a face swap in 2019.  Using marquee tool to copy face I want to move to different photo.  Been coping (Control+ C) and going to image I want to paste this into.  When I hit control + v it doesn't paste.  I even tried to go toe Edit, click on copy then go back and click on Edit Paste but that doesn't work either.  Any suggestions

Are you a time traveller?  just asking but what are the euro lottery numbers for This Friday as I could do with £107 Million ;)

Anyway, back in 2018 make sure the image you are copying from is a Pixel Layer and not an Image Layer, if it's an Image Layer, right-click and select Rasterise, you should be able to copy/paste after that.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

8 hours ago, firstdefence said:

Are you a time traveller?  just asking but what are the euro lottery numbers for This Friday as I could do with £107 Million ;)

Anyway, back in 2018 make sure the image you are copying from is a Pixel Layer and not an Image Layer, if it's an Image Layer, right-click and select Rasterise, you should be able to copy/paste after that.

Thanks for posting but it didn't work.  Also attempting in On1 Photo RAW with no luck.  More assistance would be appreciated.

6 minutes ago, Snowcap said:

Thanks for posting but it didn't work.  Also attempting in On1 Photo RAW with no luck.  More assistance would be appreciated.

Hi snowcap, If permitted can you upload the file so we can see what you are working with.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

3 minutes ago, Snowcap said:

Tried to upload but as I suspected the file was too large.

Can’t you use Dropbox, or a file-sharing service such as FileBin or WeTransferears.gif

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

On 12/25/2018 at 3:34 PM, Snowcap said:

Been coping (Control+ C) and going to image I want to paste this into.  When I hit control + v it doesn't paste.

Strictly as a diagnostic step that might provide a clue about why this is not working, after you copy the marquee tool selection to the clipboard, see if File > New From Clipboard works & creates a new document with just that selection in it.

If that menu item is greyed out & can't be selected, it probably means something is interfering with the copy process, like maybe a clipboard manager or some other add-on. If it works as expected, it might mean there is something wrong with the document you want to paste into.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/26/2018 at 12:34 AM, Snowcap said:

Been attempting a face swap in 2019.  Using marquee tool to copy face I want to move to different photo.  Been coping (Control+ C) and going to image I want to paste this into.  When I hit control + v it doesn't paste.  I even tried to go toe Edit, click on copy then go back and click on Edit Paste but that doesn't work either.  Any suggestions