Kent Davis

Affinity Photo to Affinity Designer export to import

Hi, Kent Davis,

My guess is that you may have exported an .svg that is just a bit map, not a vector.  Look in the layer studio, and see if the import says "image."  If it has various layers, such as "image" and "curve," those are editable in the appropriate persona. Designers does not convert bitmaps to curve geometry.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

Hi Kent Davis :)

Please note, Affinity Designer documents can be opened in Affinity Photo directly and vice versa. You don't need to export and import your document if you're remaining in Affinity Apps. I hope this helps!

You can trace a bitmap in Inkscape an open source vector editor, to get a vectored version of a bitmap image, then export to SVG and import into Affinity Designer. 

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo & Publisher - Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - FeedbackInstagram & Flickr