Sarper

Node Scaling Bug - Occurs when nodes are moved to another Artboard

When I scale two vertical nodes via transform panel "height" property, they scale towards pivot.

When I scale two horizontal nodes via transform panel "width" they move to an absolute position.

Is this a bug? Is there a workaround? or am I doing something wrong? Please see the attached gif. Yup this is a bug, I've managed to come up with repro. Check out the below attached post for it.

node_scale_bug.gif

No, I think it's not a bug.
The transformation refers to the anchor points, choose another anchor point.

merry christmas

Ankerpunkt.png

Affinity Photo 1.6.5.135 :  Affinity Photo-Beta  1.7.0.293 :     Affinity Designer 1.6.5.135 : Affinity Designer-Beta 1.7.0.293:

Affinity Publisher-Beta 1.7.0.293:       Windows 10 Pro  (Version  1809 Build 17763.437)

Hello @Sarper,

Here is a short video, maybe it helps.
Watch for the anchor points.

Affinity Photo 1.6.5.135 :  Affinity Photo-Beta  1.7.0.293 :     Affinity Designer 1.6.5.135 : Affinity Designer-Beta 1.7.0.293:

Affinity Publisher-Beta 1.7.0.293:       Windows 10 Pro  (Version  1809 Build 17763.437)

@Gnobelix Thanks for the effort to help me. I already know how anchor points work, it's the basics. Now I've managed to create a bug repro case. Follow the below steps and you'll also see that there is actually a bug here.

1. Create a new document with an artboard
  2. Create a shape with Rectangle Tool
  3. Convert rectangle to curves
  4. Insert a second artboard to the document with the Artboard Tool
  5. Move the rectangle you've created in step 2 to the new artboard
  6. Now select the Node Tool, select bottom 2 nodes of the moved rectangle. Set anchor to middle. And change the width value. See that it moves the points to the first artboard and coordinates are all wrong too.

If the artboards are placed horizontally, width is not calculated correctly. If the artboards are vertical the height property is not calculated correctly.