You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Should I buy through Microsoft Store or Affinity direct

Hi - I'm new to Windows, coming from Mac and want to buy Affinity. Is it better to buy direct from Affinity or the Microsoft Store? I have a main computer I'll be using the app on and then a Surface Go for quick edits & stuff. Does the Affinity store version allow installation on 2 machines?

On the Affinity Store, I see there's a free Macro pack available. Would I get that at the MS store? I just got my computers setup and this will be my first purchase. Thanks!

All versions of the Affinity apps allow installation on any compatible computers that you own or control, as long as no one else is using them for commercial purposes. Microsoft Store purchases are for Windows 10 only and are tied to your Microsoft Store account, thus requiring login to that account on the computer where you want to install the app. The Affinity Store apps can be installed on Windows 7 with Aero enabled, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10; you need to log in to download the app and to retrieve your product key, but for installation you only need your product key and the associated email address.

The free macro pack is available via the Welcome screen in Affinity Photo, or directly from here: https://affin.co/macropack

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

The macro pack is only available from the Affinity Store. When you’re ready to download it, you’ll be guided through the process of creating an Affinity Store account if you don’t already have one.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)