abn5x

[By Design] RYB mode in MIXING Brush is messed up

As you can see in the image, mixing red and yellow gives you an ochre color, mixing magenta and yellow gives you a gray color, mixing blue and yellow does give you the holy grail of green but still has a cyan halo, at the end of the blend (which is not how it works in real life). In RGB mode everything works quite good (except blue+yellow).

Mypaint is an open source program which has dominated the mixing of colours, you should take a look at their forums and code, it might help you ;)

Untitled.jpg

Are you using a third party brush? I get that is not a basic round brush....Does it happen to you also with a basic default round brush  ?

Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo licenses, Windows 7, i7  860 (2009) 2.8 GHz,  8 GB RAM, GTX 1050 2 GB, HD 7200 RPM. 
Affinity PHOTO 1.7.x --> AMAZING. Getting there for painting. Temporary trick  (Windows - only) for better "alt" key color picking configured in a Wacom Intuos Pro pen's side button.

I had understood his issue to be a different one, indeed. I'm now not quite sure (what's RYB here?) what is happening in abn5x's machine... Still, I can't explain the cyan band appearance in the very right...Maybe a wet border effect...Or a monitor range physical limit ( in that case, is noticed if exported as file, and we could compare that. Probably a screenshot will show the issue, the file saved not).... But I trust more the developers than my zero idea about this issue. ( I have not noticed anything wrong in mixing colors myself)

Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo licenses, Windows 7, i7  860 (2009) 2.8 GHz,  8 GB RAM, GTX 1050 2 GB, HD 7200 RPM. 
Affinity PHOTO 1.7.x --> AMAZING. Getting there for painting. Temporary trick  (Windows - only) for better "alt" key color picking configured in a Wacom Intuos Pro pen's side button.