You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Christmas card design#1

denironaut

Always full of style.Nice job denironault. Getting a head start on Christmas huh...

Thank you gentlemen!

@penwiper, not really thought about what would be written inside the card, at the moment this is just an experiment to see if I can create artwork good enough to be sold to a publisher. Tom Lehrer you say? I learn something new everyday!

Santa nose what to get you...but only if you are good.

Oh deer! Christmas is here already!

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

First, I really like this style. It's well done.

Only improvement I see would be that the stars are manually done, and a little thick. The human mind is a terrible random number generator. I might make a custom brush of star shapes, and play around with it.

The piece is quite symmetrical in the foreground, with some asymmetry in the shading and boxes. Keeping that tone with the stars seems to be counterproductive, because then your focus goes everywhere. If the stars are slightly more natural, then the focus comes on the important part.

Lighting of nose is perfect, it makes the lighter left side of the piece make sense. That's good, as is the gradient of sky. All principles of good composition followed with light to dark areas. That's probably why stars jumped out at me so much.  :-)