You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

My vector logo work some example

Daviddesign

Hi,

The first one is too more like a show of pkayinf around with nices features, but lisibility is difficult and we can begin of ways to have it simpler... It looks more like a rought than a final logo.

The second one is interesting, but there're lisibility problems too : it'll be difficult to read at a smaller size.

The third is best : easy to read, and we can find elements we can reuse to have smaller but easily reconizable and rzadable version, and we can imagine through time other simpler versions using part of the design, of the colours, etc. A smaller version wirh only the shapes, colours ans Ds... A next one in few years with another version of DD as modernisation, etc.

That's the one with more possibilities and the more interesting for me :)

With all design there has to be a relationship between the elements of that design, how the background interacts with the letters, if you just put elements together without considering such things it can look... stuck together instead of being a considered design where each element is a part of the whole.

I think on the last one, a stronger image would be had by changing the large D's I don't think those D's work, they are neither different enough to make a statement nor close enough to the smaller letters to give a consistency.

I'm also not sure on the colours, what do they mean, what's their story?

The curves that make the colour background could be reworked to better effect as well, they look like they were just put there, they are not in a symbiotic relationship with the words and letters.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

2 hours ago, firstdefence said:

In the last one a stronger image would be had by changing the large D's

Or by changing the small ones! ;) I agree that they don’t work well together.

The word ‘DESIGN’ needs to be moved up a little. At the moment it looks as though it’s falling off the bottom of the background shape.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hello,

I hope that professional designers will forgive my incursion here, I have no pretensions in logo design!

To keep the two large initials "D", why not nest them together and use them as initials for the rest of the text?

The font is the same for the whole text.

The diagonal strips are just there to fill the space at the top right.

At first I just wanted to propose the interweaving of letters, then I let myself go a little bit, perhaps at the expense of readability...

Logo David Design.png