You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Adding thin borders/stroke with a macro

To save time; and because I could never remember which macro/action to use; I have made a couple of macros to add a number of different sized white + black borders to the photo. These can then be turned off/on/adjusted to suit .
Another macro [1st screenshot] is used to add a 10px white + black stroke/line with round corners or square corners. I'm thinking of adding thinner lines to the same macro .

About the photo -- it's a rough handheld manual focus stack of two files from this morning . If you need some details just ask
Hope that gives you ideas.  I rotate many photos if even just to see if it's a better composition -- still undecided with this one; not that it is very important. 
Cheers :)
PS: I tried doing the edit in another App I have used before and now have a trial for the latest version; however I did find Ap much easier; especially the masking, so it looks like you are stuck with me . 
Just a note on borders -- IMO; thin borders gives separation from the page they are being viewed on. That's why I use white and black.
However thicker borders can be a distraction and can also restrict the actual size of the important part; the actual photo. I also believe borders can be a bit of a no no when submitting photos in some competitions . Wider borders can save to cost of matts when framing your photos. Again it's best to keep them simple --- the frame is really to add a separation from the wall ;)  . I could help you with that if need be [been a picture framer in another life]

1061032093_on1lines2.jpg.b29fd8a613019cf0646bba2dfb0f7a66.jpg

665652976_on1lines.jpg.44ffb402c90b21dff24f69a5fe15802d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Did you export and attach the macro to your post?

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help

14 hours ago, Paul Mudditt said:

Did you export and attach the macro to your post?

No Paul; run the macro > adjust to suit image > save full file size back to Lr5 > run preset for my online images set at 1000px - max of 180kb
I am having a few dramas with Black lines coming out as white and viscera  (??) Might be something do with how the white and black colors are set 
each border can dragged in or out as each  is on a seperate layer 

4 hours ago, ianrb said:

No Paul; run the macro ...

Well maybe the previous poster is asking instead for the macro file, aka to add it here to your initial posting ?!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

2 hours ago, v_kyr said:

Well maybe the previous poster is asking instead for the macro file, aka to add it here to your initial posting ?!

No dramas; once I work out how to do it :$