You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Still converts Black only to 4/C

Sorry, but I didn't use the swatches palette. I specified the text as 100% K. Your version appears identical to mine. And when I export yours as a PDF it also converts from 100K to 4/C and the same wrong profile is embedded.

I.e. There is no difference between your file and mine.

Any of the PDF/X profiles should work and set the document intent to your GRACOL profile.

I have no idea what the PDF for Print profile is doing and I do not use it. If anything, it is broken as regards setting the intent at the document level. But the items are properly tagged.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Gordo,

I noticed that the Filter Effects colour pop out was showing the sliders as being 0,0,0,100 for me, but the colour shown was actually Rich Black. If I slide the K slider down and then back to 100 and then export it goes out correctly. Could you check that for us please? It could just be the Filter Effects is incorrectly showing the wrong slider position!

3 hours ago, Chris_K said:

The devs are working on some more fixes for K only PDF exports so hopefully this will be resolved within the next couple of builds

Cheers

Good, because it’s a show stopper if it’s not fixed. And just to be clear, this refers to a K only graphic in a CMYK document that’s exported as a PDF.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, gordo said:

1.7.0.227 The black bug continues :-(

How about in the current beta 238? I also need this to work but have not had time to try in latest.

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Ventura
MacBook Pro, 13", M1 2020 • 16 GB • macOS Ventura
iPad Air 2022

There is support in Designer beta (since 1.7.0.231 on Windows) for a "K only" option when placing images into a CMYK document. I do not know if it would/will affect black text when exporting to PDF, or if it only affects embedded images. I do not see any mention of this in the Release Notes for Designer on Mac, but if it's on Windows it will presumably appear in Designer for Mac, too.

Whatever it does will presumably also make its way into Publisher (Windows and Mac) at some point, too, though it does not seem to be in Publisher beta for Windows yet.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

34 minutes ago, nwhit said:

How about in the current beta 238? I also need this to work but have not had time to try in latest.

1.7.0.227  is the most current version (MAC OS) - downloaded it this morning and checked again just now and Affinity Publisher says I'm up to date. Maybe it's different on Windows?

1 minute ago, gordo said:

1.7.0.227  is the most current version (MAC OS) - downloaded it this morning and checked again just now and Affinity says I'm up to date.

No, .238 is the most current, it simply may not be on auto-update yet. The new releases are always made available via the forums before being made available by other channels.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

1 minute ago, gordo said:

I downloaded the .238 version and again, the black issue is still there :-(

As I said, the K Only support/option seems to currently be only in Designer, and possibly only in Designer for Windows. As Publisher clearly has the same issue, I expect we'll see that support in Publisher in an upcoming beta release, too.

-- Walt
PC:

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.