Jml1243

Perspective Projection

Hey everyone, hope all is well and the holidays are being nice to you all!

Newest update for Affinity Photo seems to have some issues/bugs. I was hoping that someone could verify and/or replicate the same issue I am having within the app.

No matter wether it is a new or existing project I cannot seem to get the perspective projection grid to form at all. Selection of the tool renders absolutely nothing on my screen to be able to mold in any way shape or form.

Any ideas or assistance is welcomed as I am in the middle of work and at a standstill without this function being available.

I was able to fool around more and found that if I raterized the image first that I was able to populate the tool. The process does work however there was a couple bugs after the process was completed. The biggest bug that I found was after merging layer down it would place the image where I chose but would also still show the larger image that was on the previous step. In order to get this image off the screen I needed to back out of the project and then relaunch the project. 

Hi @Jml1243,

Sorry for the delayed reply. 

Generally, distortions do not work on "image" layers. When you place an image, it would have an "image" tag. You have to rasterise that layer first so that it becomes a "pixel" layer. 

I could not replicate this issue with the "ghost" image. Any chance you can send us a screen recording with this in action? 

Thanks,

Gabe.