You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Colorpicker strange behavior when used on a color panel

As the thread title implies, the colorpicker behaves strange when trying to pick up a color near it's invokation from a fill color panel. It mostly refuses there then to pick up a color under the loupe, see here ...

colorpicker.gif.3a19fc91ee1616affa669bbfbbaf89d2.gif

BTW, AFAI have seen this odd behavior is equally among all tools of the Affinity line!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

I assume the loupe is not made for use on color-wheels and - selectors. Instead in a wheel you may move the two white circles to select a color. Or simply click. 

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Well a moving loupe should be able to pick a color from everywhere on the screen, also from a beneath color wheel panel. Other tools loupe can do that too, it's just reading the underlayed pixel information. - But if you look carefully you can see that it only can partly do so in the above shown screen capture and fails there for most areas.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

16 minutes ago, v_kyr said:

Well a moving loupe should be able to pick a color from everywhere on the screen, also from a beneath color wheel panel. Other tools loupe can do that too, it's just reading the underlayed pixel information. - But if you look carefully you can see that it only can partly do so in the above shown screen capture and fails there for most areas.

I too have noticed that behaviour. I would classify this as a bug for certain.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.