You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Page selection of linked PDF files

The following might be a bug: We use linked PDF files with more than one pages. By clicking on the PDF we have the possibility to choose which page we want to be visible in our document (“Spread”). We have e.g. a 4 pages AffinityPublisher document and a linked PDF with 4 pages. On each Affinity page we want another page of the PDF to be visible. The problem here is, when we update a modified PDF in the resource manager, the program doesn’t save our chosen spread. Instead it just sets all of the 4 links to “Spread: Page 1”. 

Thank you for your efforts.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/30/2019 at 11:55 AM, Pauls said:

I've logged that as an issue - thanks

Hi,

I use the Affinity Publisher version 1.8.6 and anew I have the problem as described in December 2018: it doesn't save my chosen spreads/pages, when the PDF changed externally. The bug might have already (re)occurred in some versions earlier.

In my general settings I currently use the option "Automatically update linked resources when modified externally".

Thank you for your efforts.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.