You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pop-Up Window for modified linked files

We are using linked PDF files in our document. When we replace the PDF files (we update the content), we need the program to recognize this. In the “Resource Manager” we can see that the new PDF is recognized (it’s now labeled as “Modified”). Now, what we need to do is to click “update” in the resource manager, so that the NEW PDF is updated. In the program we used before, when we opened a document and the linked PDF has changed, there was immediately appearing a Pop-Up-Window asking, if we want the modified linked PDF to be updated or if we want to leave it like it is. Such a Pop-Up-Window would be really helpful.

But be careful not spawn a dialog per changed resource but a batch update.

So a "Update all" option should be included.

I sometimes batch update multiple resources as I change ICC profiles and such.

Windows 10 Pro x64 (1903). Intel Core i7-9700K @ 3.60GHz, 32 GB memory, NVidia RTX 2080
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471, Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471