You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.7.0.206- Publisher huge file

On 12/21/2018 at 11:19 PM, Extended said:

Affinity seems to use increments to speed up the save, but this will increase the file size. Usually saving as a new file will significantly reduce the file size.

On 12/22/2018 at 12:42 PM, thomaso said:

"Save As...": For now you still need to enter a new file name to make the effect effective.

Nope. Saving as a new file didn't reduce at all.

9 hours ago, Extended said:

Fde101 is correct, the problem is that the file caused by embeds a copy becomes larger.

It is not enough to explain your file size of 1.58 GB. The sum of the 15 used links is about the half of your .afpubs file size.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

1 hour ago, thomaso said:

It is not enough to explain your file size of 1.58 GB. The sum of the 15 used links is about the half of your .afpubs file size.

If you do some processing, such as changing the bit depth, it will get bigger. I think osang or APub changed the link image.

The more restricted you put on the program, the closer you program is to idiot.

On 12/24/2018 at 11:09 PM, Extended said:

If you do some processing, such as changing the bit depth, it will get bigger. I think osang or APub changed the link image.

Well, the only process I did is duplicate for printing multiple copies. Most of the time I use InDesign or QuarkXpress for laying out like this and the file size is small...and working in a printing press I'm curious how this software will hasten my workflow.

On 12/22/2018 at 3:42 AM, thomaso said:

"Save As...": For now you still need to enter a new file name to make the effect effective.

Wow, nice trick. I just did that to my file and it lost 100 MB in size. Windows 10.

Windows 10 Pro x64 (1903). Intel Core i7-9700K @ 3.60GHz, 32 GB memory, NVidia RTX 2080
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471, Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471

Something I noticed about the huge publisher file size; once I updated the 'Designer' linked file, the file size increased, and If I replace the linked file with the same file then saved--the smaller publisher file size--from 1.58GB to 633.7 MB.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.