You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Saving studio and swatches set up with doc

After setting up my studio panels in a doc I sometimes accidentally close the studio by clicking next to the spot where I can move my combo of panels. Then I must go through the set up again that can take a bit to organize the panels the way I want them. Like AD allows one to save the history of ones work (great help), I see no option for saving the studio panels. The same goes for my swatch palette for a specific doc, although I can save the palette and then bring it up again in each doc. However, having many swatch palettes for many docs, this can take time to find the right one. Having the studio panels and swatch palette attached to the specific doc would be helpful. (I know there are other requests regarding the swatches and you may be working on it.)

Hi Jim,

Regarding the color palette, you already have this option in AD. In the contextual menu of swatches panel choose "Add Document Palette". This option will add a new color palette which will be saved with your document. Also you can add more than one palette for each document.

In the same contextual menu, you have the option to import a saved palette to your document, by choosing "Import Palette/As Document Palette".