designerappeal

[Cannot Reproduce] Here is my latest review i left on app store which outlines bugs and frustrations

I really really wanted to like this application and use it for all my design needs but as it stands I can not recommend buying this application at all. 

It crashes and hardlocks ALL the time, extremely unstable. This is extremely frustrating and every time I want to do something simple such as merging layers or making a new selection, I find myself crossing my fingers that it will work without hardlocking or crashing. 

Do not buy this especially if you do not have an ipad pro + apple pencil as there is no 3rd party support for a stylus such as the Adonit Pixel. This really sucks because I have the latest generation of ipad, its just not the pro version so I have a 3rd party stylus and a very good one I might add (the Adonit Pixel) but this application treats it like i’m just using m finger which is garbage.  

Seriously, I rarely ever leave bad reviews but i’m very frustrated with this broken application and no stylus support for those of us that cant get the ipad pro yet is just insulting. 

Fix the crashes and instability and add stylus support and i’ll leave a better review but as of now I cant recommend this at all.  

Hi @designerappeal,

Welcome to the forums. 

What do you do when it crashes? Any chance you can send us a screen recording of this in action? Just make sure you turn on "Show Touches" from within the App's General Preferences. 

I'm afraid we only support the official Apple Pencil for now. 

Thanks,

Gabe.

hi @GabrielM

honesly, I would not know where to start. there are so many actions that are causing hardlocks and crashes. it would take me all day to cover them. i will say some of the most unstable areas and features are actions on pixel layers, actions involving merging layers or switching between types of layers, rasterizing, flood fill tool actions, etc. and thats just the start of the list. i have had the application less than 24 hours now and i have hardlocked in various actions and tasks and had to restart at least 10-15 times now. 

my frustrations are compounded by the fact that i just really really wanted this application to work properly and i dont have time to deal with crashes, hardlocks and stability issues. i would be very suprised if your team is not running into these issues on your end on a daily basis.  

You would have to be more specific if you want us to look into this. We need steps to reproduce the issue or a screen recording. Otherwise, we don't know what to investigate. 

1 hour ago, designerappeal said:

actions on pixel layers, actions involving merging layers or switching between types of layers, rasterizing, flood fill tool

don’t see you doing any of that 

ok, i can understand that you are trying to get actionable bugs out of this and i am just stating that the build is extremely unstable just in general.

so hopefully you guys are finding all these stability issues on your own. as i dont have the time to hunt down each one and get th exact repro steps. i just know half the things i do result in a crash. 

Yes, no problem at all on iPad 2018 and Apple pencil. I use Designer and Photo almost every day and everything runs smoothly. And I work from iPad and PC (using iCloud) without any glitch what so ever.