You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Installing fonts

If you purchase a copy of Florian Schimanke’s AnyFont you can select and install multiple fonts in a single operation. Not quite the same as selecting a whole folder, but pretty close!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

33 minutes ago, GabrielM said:

You can then navigate to the folder in question, select the fonts required and press Open, :)

That‘s what I thought, too.

But again the Open-option is inactive.

The folders contain fonts. There are no more subfolders in the selected ones and I even tried to copy the fonts onto the iPad itself first.

3950C54B-CBC7-44C5-80B7-36ABD1EB3937.jpeg

Hello Everyone !

Talking about Fonts; it would be great and really helpful if Serif could add a functionality that allows us to Preview - Select and install font from Google Fonts website thus closing the gap.
I know that many here and over the web love it when things are managed from on place, also a Font pair capability would be welcome too !

Just these two can make the Affinity line go up to where others have never stepped before but also draw more Designer whom work is specialy font based like Chris Do etc...
Dev's and Managing team should think about this and take note of it.

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

If you have both Affinity apps on your iPad, you have to repeat the procedure in the other app. That’s why I prefer to use AnyFont (which, as a bonus, makes the fonts available globally so that I can use them in other apps, too).

Alfred spacer.png

44 minutes ago, GabrielM said:

You cannot install folders. If you go inside the folder, you can select multiple fonts. 

Okay that works, I could put all fonts together into one folder I guess.

8 minutes ago, єℓƒяє∂ said:

If you have both Affinity apps on your iPad, you have to repeat the procedure in the other app. That’s why I prefer to use AnyFont (which, as a bonus, makes the fonts available globally so that I can use them in other apps, too).

That‘s a point actually. I will probably continue using Designer the most and won‘t have much use for text in Photo, but I haven‘t found a font import in pages so far.

I‘m slightly reluctant to install one-time use apps ... does this AnyFont also work as font manager ... maybe even with tags?

Thanks for your help, so far! :)

Georg

55 minutes ago, GrosseFreiheit said:

I‘m slightly reluctant to install one-time use apps ... does this AnyFont also work as font manager ... maybe even with tags?

No, it isn’t a font manager. It’s just for previewing and installing/uninstalling fonts from *.otf, *.ttf, *.ttc or *.zip files.

Tutorial video on YouTube: http://flo.vc/AnyFont

Alfred spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2018 at 5:31 AM, Eℓƒяє∂ said:

If you purchase a copy of Florian Schimanke’s AnyFont you can select and install multiple fonts in a single operation. Not quite the same as selecting a whole folder, but pretty close!

I did buy and instal AnyFont.  I added some fonts of mine from my iMac via AirDrop.  It seemed to work according to AnyFont.  But even after shutting down the Designer app and the iPad Pro, the fonts are not loading into the Fonts for the TEXT command within Designer for iPad.  Am I missing something?  Thank you.

On 12/31/2018 at 10:17 PM, Three said:

It seemed to work according to AnyFont.

If it really has worked, you should see one or more new configuration profiles under ‘Profiles’ in the Settings app.

Alfred spacer.png

14 hours ago, Eℓƒяє∂ said:

If it really has worked, you should see one or more new configuration profiles under ‘Profiles’ in the Settings app.

Interesting, Elfred, Anyfont not showing up in Settings although I can access the app from Home screen.  It seemed like a great solution just not working for me on latest iPad Pro.  

Maybe operator error on the Anyfont solution, but I got some fonts in the Affinity way.  Thanks for your help. 

1 hour ago, Three said:

Anyfont not showing up in Settings

What do you see when you go to ‘Settings > General’, scroll down the list on the right and tap on ‘Profiles’? ears.gif

9C6EB4AC-A8AD-456C-8BBB-FB2E3BF4B720.jpeg

Alfred spacer.png

I just tested AnyFont in Affinity Photo and it worked perfectly well with our Company brand‘s fonts I just installed. @Three: how did you try to install a font with AnyFont? Did you see the Youtube Clip explaining the installation process already? What kind of fonts do you try to import? I had some problems with „WebFonts“...

24 minutes ago, Tifrato said:

What kind of fonts do you try to import? I had some problems with „WebFonts“...

I haven’t checked but I’m pretty sure that we can only use *.otf, *.ttf and *.ttc font files, not *.eot, *.svg or *.woff.

Alfred spacer.png

@Elfred @Tifrato 

Thank you both so much for your patience in solving this.

My error was that I did not install the fonts as they were initially listed by AnyFont.  Strangely the first time I did it I was not prompted to and it displayed all of the fonts in a neat list so I thought I was done. The second time I was prompted to install the fonts.

So now I do see the Profiles Elfred said I should see, which I didn't before.

And now, Tifrato, the added font shows up in the Affinity Font List for use in the application.

So AnyFont appears to work great with Affinity Designer and iPad Pro!  Excluding operator error of course. :)

Thank you!

• 2 years later...