You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Strange behavior changing the selection brush size

Hallo!

May I show my problem?

I want to change the size of the selection brush by using "alt+left+right mouse button. When I now move the mouse to the right or left side, there appears a second, blue circle, which shows the wished size. The first white circle vanished, when I unhand the keys. And then, I think, the white circle jumps around "uncontrolled" in the picture.
This is very strange and disturbing behavior. Video shows several times, when I move and stop the mouse and start again. Always with pressing alt+left+right mouse buttons. And the jumping circle. It's confusing to work with two circles. Is it a bug or a feature? 
(Please ignore the read circle in the video...)

Btw: Using the keys "Alt Gr+the square brackets" works very well...

Thank you for an answer.

Best regards

Peter

PS: Bug(?) appears in the current beta and in all other versions before.

(Win 10 aktuell)

Hi @Peter2017

I suppose you're using a German keyboard ?
If so, it would be much easier to create shortcuts as shown in the attachment.
Go to Edit > Preferences, select Keyboard Shortcuts, and in the second drop down select "Selection Brush Tool" and set your shortcuts.
Just give it a try. It's quick and easy.

001.jpg

Affinity Photo  2.3.1

Laptop MSI Prestige PS42
Windows 11 Home 23H2 (Build 22631.3007) - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz   2.00 GHz - RAM 16,0 GB

@Chris B 

Thanks for passing to the devs.

@HVDB Photography

Yes, of course a German keybord. And thank you for your hint. I tried your setting and it works well, just like "Alt Gr+the square brackets". Perhaps I will use your suggestion in future, but the handling "alt+left+right mouse button" I was used to do it from earlier Photoshop times...

Have a nice day!

Peter

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.