You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Missing Asian Punctuation Support

• 3 months later...

I think people requesting CJK support on this forum underestimated the complexities and amount of efforts that are required to implement properly CJK typesetting features. These are very fundamental and significant functions of the Adobe products where they excel. And it's not like Affinity/Serif can catch up in a short period of time in this regard, especially if this issue is not prioritized. Thus I do not foresee the arrival of those features in the near future, which makes it almost impossible to use for pro work for projects with CJK texts. It's a shame as the apps themselves are really handy to use in comparison to the Adobe products. 

Edited by qoi

On 1/22/2021 at 7:45 PM, qoi said:

I think people requesting CJK support on this forum underestimated the complexities and amount of efforts that are required to implement properly CJK typesetting features. These are very fundamental and significant functions of the Adobe products where they excel. And it's not like Affinity/Serif can catch up in a short period of time in this regard, especially if this issue is not prioritized. Thus I do not foresee the arrival of those features in the near future, which makes it almost impossible to use for pro work for projects with CJK texts. It's a shame as the apps themselves are really handy to use in comparison to the Adobe products. 

When a product that sells for the cost of one or two months' subscription of another, shortcomings are to be expected...

One option, if the market is big enough, is to charge extra for advanced CJK typesetting features.

Cheers.

On 1/29/2021 at 10:36 PM, loyukfai said:

When a product that sells for the cost of one or two months' subscription of another, shortcomings are to be expected...

One option, if the market is big enough, is to charge extra for advanced CJK typesetting features.

Cheers.

I share your view on making a CJK edition, as Adobe did in the 1990s with its Japanese company, the result of which would be a game changer for Affinity as a player in the Asian market. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.