You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

NEF lens control profiles missing

Hi

Affinity 1.6 on windows 10. Nikon NEF raw files.

Every time I use Affinity and import a nef raw file I get the message "Lens control profiles missing. This file cannot be edited as a raw file.

Can anyone please tell me how to get these profiles so I can edit as a raw file.

Cheers

Edward Walker

Well trust this to happen. I just tried loading a few raw files and the message didn't appear. So I took a few more sitting here in the lounge and they uploaded ok as well. 

Not sure now when I had my last affinity update. Not that long back as I only use this laptop for photos and a few other things so it can go a week or so before it is used. I am doing some photos over Xmas with family so I will see what happens in a weeks time.

No matter what I will let you know what the result is and thank you for the help. I just hate it when errors cannot be reproduced.

Cheers Edward Walker

OK I can now say this might not be an affinity problem as I only seem to get the message when I upload photos with Nikons ViewNX 2 program. It doesn't appear when I upload straight to affinity. So many thanks for the help so far. I will go to Nikons help now and see what help is there

Cheers

Edward Walker

AFAIK Nikon View NX2 is an older discontinued software now. The newer actual versions are instead Nikon ViewNX-i and Capture NX-D, where the later is the best in terms of RAW processing for NEF files.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2