You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The colour scheme for the menu bar etc

I always like to have the screen brightness of a computer turned right down.

I find that the white (light grey?) upon black of the lettering on the menu bar and cascading menus of Affinity Publisher difficult to read.

I find that sometimes I need to turn up the brightness, which I don't like doing.

With PagePlus X7 the black upon light grey of the menu bar and cascading menus is ideal for me with the screen brightness turned right down.

The colour scheme for writing this post is similar to the PagePlus X7 colour scheme and is ideal for me.

I appreciate that the colour scheme for Affinity might well be all part of the design and the marketing and that I am quite possibly in the sigma2 proportion of the population who has the brightness turned down like that and that Serif may well not want to change the format for the new product.

However, could you possibly have an option that a user could set please so that the user may choose for himself or herself to have the colour scheme used for PagePlus X7?

Also, on the start up panel, the word Affinity is to me not legible as it is one shade of grey upon another shade of grey.

I am using a Lenovo ideapad 510 laptop computer (a portable device, yet in fact permanently located on a desk and plugged in to an ethernet connection) running Windows 10.

William Overington

Wednesday 19 December 2018

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

Edit: Sorry, posted on the wrong topic.

Wanted to post that as reply to "How to relocate and copy footage to other folder ?" but I seem to constantly fail using the forum on my mobile. :D

Edited by Steps
Deleted

Windows 10 Pro x64 (1903). Intel Core i7-9700K @ 3.60GHz, 32 GB memory, NVidia RTX 2080
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471, Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471

Hello Alfred

Thank you.

They have done well giving us that option.

One thing. I put it onto light and then altered it a bit, but I have not found a reset button that puts them back to the original preset values within Light.

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.