You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can’t import assets (gray out) in Designer for iPad

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey everyone,

I'm having the exact same issues as this - I was posting in another thread (same topic):

I have both Photo and Designer installed on my iPad Pro 2018 12.9". I wasn't able to import brushes, including even the "Made Specifically for iPad" DAUB brushes I just purchased through the Affinity Store. I had successfully imported another .abr set in a few weeks back, but had the same iPadOS version installed then as I did when trying to import this time. I had hoped that the iOS 13.3 update would...kick things into gear, but still am not having any luck.

I can see the icons in the Files view, but they refuse to open. In the other thread I linked to, it sounds like it's a known bug...I'm rather new to the Affinity ecosystem and am unsure how often updates come out, I'm really hoping one does to fix this though. It definitely sounds like it isn't an isolated bug though.

If there's any other info that I can provide that would help the developers or anyone else to figure out what may be going on, please ask away :)

On 12/13/2019 at 2:30 AM, Gabe said:

Try moving the brush from "on my ipad" to iCloud. That should fix it. 

I'm having the same issues (iOS v13.3) - with brushes stored locally, but also tried from iCloud and other "Files" compatible drive services, but no luck. I just get the same grayed out icons that are not importable.

I have both apps on my iPad (iPad Pro 2018, 12.9"):
Photo: v1.7.3
Designer: v1.7.3

I got one brush set to import, but as I mentioned - I have't tried installing too many others - but I just purchased the "DAUB Paintbox" brush pack that is the only one in the store that says that it is "Specifically created for iPad"...which is even more confusing since they wouldn't import at all.

I can upload a video later if you'd like to see them being grayed-out, but it looks exactly like the other screenshots and videos others have posted. But, if it'd help, I can make a recording later tonight or tomorrow.

daub-ipad-specific-plugins.png

• 1 month later...

Hi, 

I have just purchased affinity designer for my iPad.  I am current on my software. I only have Designer. Weirdly, I was able to get the brushes that I had previously purchased for my MacBook, but I cannot get the background Paper Ihad purchased to add them to Assets. The files are in the iCloud, but are grayed out. Even the Affinity Icon is grayed out. 

Thanks for any help.

Bernie