Hello,

I have downloaded the newest version of the Affinity Designer Beta. It looks promising, as more and more features get added, which Designer needed for years now, as compared to Affinity Photo, Designer is still quite primitive. I honestly wish the best for you, keep up the good work.

However, I have a question, when it comes to using the free transform tool. I have tried it on shapes, text, and curves, but I can't seem to understand how it works. What I want to achieve is to fill a trapeze with text, so it looks somewhat like this:

4ZBBAYM.png

I want to do the same in Affinity Designer.

Thanks for any help!
Wish all of you a Merry Christmas!

Well, then what is the free transform all about in the new beta build? I was reading the forums earlier, and it said that in 1.7 there will be the free transform tool to do this, and the beta came out, now there is such an option, but I don't know how to use it.

Hi Unleavened Tech,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
If this is the point you are referring to Node tool has a new 'Transform Mode' which provides a containing box for the selected nodes and allows for more freeform editing of the nodes this is just a new mode to transform/manipulate nodes with the Node Tool. It has nothing to do with perspective distortion which is not currently available in Designer (both retail and beta version) as Callum pointed out.

1 hour ago, Unleavened Tech said:

Well, then what is the free transform all about in the new beta build?

Transform mode allows you to manipulate selected nodes of curve objects in two ways, one of which is to create a selection box around them so they can be rotated, skewed, or resized in the same way that can be done with the Move Tool, as if the selected nodes were a separate object. The other shows alignment handles that can be used to snap the nodes to a particular alignment.

Neither one is suitable for creating perspective distortions.

Affinity Photo 1.7.2, Affinity Designer 1.7.2, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.153 & Affinity Designer 1.7.2.6 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

That's unfortunate, I thought that tool was it. The topic which you have linked is the one I was reading earlier. There are more posts about that this is going to be included in 1.7, is this true, and is it just not in the beta yet?